Innovations in Rural Destination Development
Date and Time: November 29, 2023 from 8:30 am - 10:00 am PST / 11:30 am - 1:00 pm EST
Join rural destination development colleagues from coast to coast to coast at Destination Dialogues: Innovations in Rural Destination Development, a free online event that aims to inspire, inform, and strengthen destination development in rural Canadian contexts.
Designed to foster innovation, this 90-minute gathering provides attendees with a unique opportunity to gather insights and inspiration into destination development and regenerative approaches across Canada and the world, while engaging with a diverse group of industry peers.
You can expect to:
- Deepen Your Understanding: Engage in insightful discussions and explore case studies around destination development and regenerative approaches across rural Canada from a variety of perspectives.
- Forge Connections: Connect with industry peers and like-minded individuals through candid conversations and idea-sharing.
- Be Inspired: Experience a motivating keynote speech, a dynamic moderated panel, and destination case studies, all designed to inspire and embolden innovative and creative tourism solutions in your rural destination.
- Contribute to Knowledge: Share your insights, learnings, and best practices, which will contribute to a summary document benefiting all participants and other destination leaders post-event.
Graham Sherman is a self-professed “high level geek” who used his love of technology to disrupt an entire industry. In 2013, Sherman took homebrewing “too far” when he launched the Tool Shed Brewing Company. What was originally a hobby in his backyard tool shed is now a 22,000 square foot brewery with product sold in over 1000 locations. Speaking on his bumpy entrepreneurial journey, Sherman’s passion comes through in every talk as he shows audiences how to harness disruption to transform their lives.
- Introduction from Destination Canada
- Keynote with Graham Sherman
- Panel Discussion: Entrepreneurship Driving Responsible Rural Development
- Alex Berlyand, Parkbus
- Chris Tait, Klahoose Wilderness Lodge
- Isaac Murphy, Mysa Nordic Spa & Resort
- Case Studies:
- Alex Bouchard, Rugged Apprentice
- Joao Carrolo, Centre Wellington Downtown Shuttle Program