Locals and visitors are capturing and sharing amazing Canadian experiences across social media. This content is currently being used across the social media channels and websites of most tourism organizations in Canada as a key content source for our marketing. Many of us are currently investing time searching for the same or similar content using various tools, resulting in a duplication of effort.
With that in mind, we’re launching a User Generated Content Partner Network, the first of its kind, in partnership with the provinces and territories. This will allow us all to work together to streamline the way we source user generated content.
The network (powered by CrowdRiff) will allow any participating organization to easily feed user-generated content directly to Destination Canada, their provincial marketing organization and/or any regional and community destination marketing organizations who are signed up. By joining, you’ll help surface the best content from your destination, sector or organization, so other partners can amplify it across their global social media accounts. You’ll also be able to access special pricing for CrowdRiff that has been negotiated on behalf of all members of the tourism industry.
What happens when you join the network?
The user generated content that you tag or ask permission for in CrowdRiff will be automatically visible for relevant partner organizations in your province as well as Destination Canada. The content that you upload to CrowdRiff (your owned photos and videos) will not be shared in the network initially. This is an opt-in feature that you may choose to add at a later time.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Easily feed user-generated content directly to Destination Canada, provincial marketing organization and/or to regional and community destination marketing organizations.
- Access to CrowdRiff’s technology, including:
- Advanced search capabilities (including searching photograph content)
- Create and manage photo galleries on your website
- Display a user generated photo wall at events
- Upload, store and organize visual content (including other content eg. owned images or staff photos)
- Ask multiple users for permission to share their content with a click of a button (advanced feature)
- Add calls to action to user generated content on your website galleries (advanced feature)
- Share a folder of content with people outside the network (advanced feature)
- Access exclusive network pricing.
Examples of how you might use the network
- Travel Manitoba will be able to look through the curated photos from Tourism Winnipeg to find great city content. This will save Manitoba time as they will be able to see what Winnipeg thinks is the best UGC content from their destination this season.
- If Tourism Toronto’s main attractions join the network, they will have a steady source of quality content they can curate and use to develop galleries on their website using CrowdRiff’s gallery feature.
- If a small business already uses a UGC rights management tool to source content, by joining the network the photos they are already curating will automatically be shared with partner organizations making it more likely they will be amplified by other accounts and seen by more potential travellers.
Who can join?
Anyone in the Canadian tourism industry (or related sector). If you are interested in joining the UGC partner network please email email@example.com for more information.
Posted: December 4, 2017
Updated: June 5, 2018