Following on from a record breaking 2018 for Canada’s tourism sector, we’re looking back at some of the highlights of our year.
- In 2018, our marketing activities generated an additional 1.39 million visitors to Canada contributing over $1.76 billion in every community across Canada.
- Our marketing activities contributed an additional 13,300 jobs supporting tourism in 2018.
- Our business events program positions Canada as a smart choice for hosting international meetings and incentives. In 2018, we confirmed $400 million in international business event bookings to Canada and over 392,000 planned delegates.
- We’ve started shifting how we talk about the impact of tourism to the visitor economy. By this we mean a simple act from one visitor, and the ripple effect that it has on Canada. Hear more from the frontlines:
- With our partners Tourism Nova Scotia and the Tourism Industry Association of Canada, Rendez-vous Canada 2018 broke all attendance records with 600+ international buyers from 29 countries.
- To promote Canada’s francophone experiences, communities and culture around the world, we signed an MOU with Réseau de développement économique et d’employabilité (RDÉE Canada) late last year.
- Following our agreement with Halifax Stanfield to align strategic priorities, this piece of content with chef Victor Mercier promoting Atlantic Canada inspires French travellers and saw over 3M views in just 100 days!
- Our partnership with the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada was renewed in 2018, to internationally promote the quality and diversity of Indigenous tourism experiences in Canada that sets us apart from other destinations. We’re proud to continue supporting this important work.
- We welcomed six new Canadian Signature Experiences in 2018 from BC, Alberta, Ontario and Nunavut to our collection. These 200+ experiences show the world what Canada’s tourism brand is all about.
- We made 11K+ posts on consumer social media channels, getting 19M+ engagements (including lots of ❤️️s!) and 35M+ views of our video content, like this one from @ExploreCanada on Canada Day.
Posted: May 16, 2019