Today, the Government of Canada announced a series of adjustments to the current border measures, representing the beginning of a phased easing of travel restrictions. Read full press release
This is an important milestone for our industry and a positive step towards the recovery of the Canadian tourism sector. We are proud to support an industry that has shown such great resilience and continued adaptability throughout this global pandemic.
The adjustments will go in to effect as of February 28, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. EST and include:
- Easing on-arrival testing for fully-vaccinated travellers
- All fully vaccinated travellers arriving to Canada may be randomly selected for arrival testing. However, they will no longer be required to quarantine while awaiting their test result.
- Children under 12 years old, travelling with fully vaccinated adults, will be exempt from quarantine without any prescribed conditions limiting their activities.
- Travellers will now have the option to use a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result or a molecular test result to satisfy pre-entry requirements.
- The Government of Canada will adjust its Travel Health Notice from a Level 3 to a Level 2. This means that the Government will no longer recommend that Canadians avoid travel for non-essential purposes.
- International flights carrying passengers will be permitted to land at all Canadian airports that are designated by the Canada Border Services Agency to receive international passenger flights.