On March 17, the Government of Canada announced a series of adjustments to current border measures, the most significant to date. These new measures will be effective April 1, 2022, and represent a long-awaited milestone for Canada’s tourism sector. Read full press release.
Key changes are summarized below:
Starting April 1, 2022:
- Fully vaccinated travellers do not need to complete a pre-entry test (they may still be selected for random tests on arrival but are not required to quarantine).
- Non vaccinated travellers will still need an on-arrival test and a day 8 test and must quarantine for 14 days.
- ArriveCAN is still needed for entry to Canada by all travellers.
For cruise ships:
- All Passengers will still need to get an antigen test 24 hours before boarding their cruise ship.
- They will no longer need to be tested leaving the cruise ship.