Destination Canada is excited to be hosting the International Symposium on Destination Stewardship from November 6-8, 2023, at the Canadian Museum of History, in Gatineau, Québec.
This three-day event will bring together global thought leaders, stakeholders, partners, and knowledge keepers from diverse sectors for a unique discussion on redefining tourism and destination stewardship.
Building on the excellent work already taking place in this space, the Symposium will explore how we can transform ourselves into destination stewards, while unpacking how a regenerative approach to tourism can have a positive impact on residents, their communities, culture, economy, and the environment.
You can expect to hear from some of the world’s leading thinkers, including our keynote speakers like David Allison, a human behavior expert, advisor to global brands, and a leading advocate for discarding demographic stereotypes. He is the behavioral science pioneer behind Valuegraphics: the world’s first database that can predict and influence behavior for anything on earth.
The objective of the Symposium is to showcase dynamic new ideas and best practices in destination development and stewardship from around the world. We invite you to join us on this journey to:
- Hear, learn, and be inspired by stories and experiences shared by international speakers and industry experts.
- Engage in thought-provoking onsite activations.
- Create meaningful connections with other participants.
- Prepare for future conversations with investors and local communities.
- Identify opportunities for your organization and work.
- Feel connected to a community of like minded people.
Tickets are limited so we encourage you to register to secure your spot.