Rendez-vous Canada (RVC) is showing that Canada is open and travellers are invited to explore.
Canada’s premier tourism marketplace, RVC, is an annual event that brings Canadian tourism providers together with buyers from all over the world. RVC provides a unique platform to launch new tourism products, share market insights, network, and increase the range of tourism experiences that the industry offers.
“As Minister for Small Business and Tourism, I’ve had the opportunity of meeting many Canadian tourism business owners this year at RVC,” said the Honourable Bardish Chagger, Minister of Small Business and Tourism. “The best ever attendance record is a good indicator that these hard working Canadians are helping to shape Canada’s thriving tourism industry.”
- RVC 2017 broke all attendance records: around 1,840 delegates attended—the most in RVC’s 41 year history.
- Global interest is higher than ever before: there was more than one buyer for every seller in attendance, from 28 international markets.
- All provinces and territories were represented, showing that tourism really is from coast to coast to coast; 567 tourism organizations promoted Canadian products and services this year.
- Deal-makers: delegates conducted over 29,000 face-to-face business appointments during the four-day event.
- The Aboriginal Tourism Association of Canada brought together 32 aboriginal tourism businesses, the most in RVC history.
- Interest from China was at an all-time high representing more than 20% of buyers.