#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am - 11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 500K followers.
Next #CanadaChat: Wednesday November 21 from 1pm to 2 pm (EST)
The countdown to the most festive time of the year is on! Join us on Wednesday November 21 to talk about the holidays, Christmas, family activities and gifts for all.
Welcome to #CanadaChat! Where are you joining us from?
10:05 am PST/1:05 pm EST
Q1: Share a photo of your favourite Canadian winter memory! #CanadaChat
10:15 am PST/1:15 pm EST
Q2: What are the best winter celebrations in Canada? #CanadaChat
10:25 am PST/1:25 pm EST
Q3: Festive atmosphere: What’s your favourite Christmas market or festival? #CanadaChat
10:35 am PST/1:35 pm EST
Q4: Where would you recommend to visit in Canada for a white Christmas? #CanadaChat
10:45 am PST/1:45 pm EST
Q5: What is your favourite family-friendly activity in the winter? #CanadaChat
10:53 am PST/1:45 pm EST
Q6: The spirit of giving: What Canadian experience would make the best gift? #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Topics
- #CanadaChat is taking a break in December. We will be back in January 2019!
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos (and cross promote your account!)
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!