#CanadaChat is a seasonal Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens quarterly for winter, spring, summer and fall.
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every quarter, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 500K followers.
Next #CanadaChat: Wednesday November 20 from 1 pm to 2 pm (EST)
Topic: The Holidays in Canada
It's the most festive time of the year! Join #CanadaChat this month to discover the most incredible holiday experiences Canada has to offer!
Timeline & Questions
10:05 am PST/1:05 pm EST
Q1. Share a photo of your favourite Canadian winter memory! #CanadaChat
10:15 am PST/1:15 pm EST
Q2. What are the best winter celebrations in Canada? #CanadaChat
10:25 am PST/1:25 pm EST
Q3. Festive atmosphere: What’s your favourite Christmas market or festival? #CanadaChat
10:35 am PST/1:35 pm EST
Q4. Where would recommend to visit in Canada for a White Christmas? #CanadaChat
10:45 am PST/1:45 pm EST
Q5. What is your favourite family-friendly activity during the holidays? #CanadaChat
10:53 am PST/1:53 pm EST
Q6. The spirit of giving: What Canadian experience would make the best gift? #CanadaChat
2020 #CanadaChat Dates
- Winter - January 15
- Spring - March 18
- Summer - June 17
- Fall - September 16
How to Participate to #CanadaChat:
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos and cross promote your account!
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!