#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am - 11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 500K followers.
Next #CanadaChat: Wednesday January 16 from 1 pm to 2 pm (EST)
Topic: Bucket List Experiences
Looking for bucket list inspiration? Join #CanadaChat this month to discover the most incredible experiences Canada has to offer!
Timleline & Questions
1:05 pm (EST)
Q1. Which Canadian experience is at the top of your bucket list? #CanadaChat
1:15 pm (EST)
Q2. What’s an off-the-beaten-path location you’re hoping to cross off your Canadian bucket list this year? #CanadaChat
1:25 pm (EST)
Q3. If you could treat yourself to a night’s stay at any accommodation in Canada, where would you go? #CanadaChat
1:35 pm (EST)
Q4. What is your dream wildlife experience in Canada? #CanadaChat
1:45 pm (EST)
Q5. Which Canadian dining experience would you recommend for a once-in-a-lifetime meal? #CanadaChat
1:53 pm (EST)
Q6. What’s the #1 event to attend in Canada this year? #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Topics
- January 16: Bucket List Experiences
- February 20: Winter Wonderland
- March 20: Canadian Museums
- April 17: Wildlife Viewing
- May 15: Canada's National Parks with @ParksCanada
- June 19: Indigenous Canada
- July 17: Summer Fun!
- August 21: Canadian Food & Wine
- September 18: Fall in Love with Canada
- October 16: Urban Getaways
- November 20: Holiday fun!
How to Participate to #CanadaChat:
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos and cross promote your account!
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!