#CanadaChat is a seasonal Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens quarterly for winter, spring, summer and fall.
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every quarter, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 500K followers.
Next #CanadaChat: Wednesday June 23, from 1 pm to 2 pm (EST)
Topic: Summer activities to enjoy in Canada
Join #CanadaChat to discover the best of Canada!
Timeline & Questions
10:05 am PST/1:05 pm EST
Q1. From the great outdoors to vibrant cities, Canada comes alive in the summer. What’s your favourite way to enjoy summer in Canada? #CanadaChat
10:15 am PST/1:15 pm EST
Q2. We love enjoying a picnic with friends from a local restaurant or food truck. Where will you be grabbing a bite to eat from this summer? #CanadaChat
10:25 am PST/1:25 pm EST
Q3. June is National Indigenous History Month. There are countless ways to explore Indigenous cultures, history and perspectives across the country. Tell us, what experiences and Indigenous-owned businesses will you be exploring this summer? #CanadaChat
10:35 am PST/1:35 pm EST
Q4. As well as enjoying the summer sun, we love exploring the arts and culture scene in our cities. Which Canadian museum or art gallery is your favourite to visit? What makes it so special? #CanadaChat
10:45 am PST/1:45 pm EST
Q5. Now is the time to support local, so tell us, which businesses are special to you? Don’t forget to tag them in your answers! #CanadaChat
10:53 am PST/1:53 pm EST
Q6. There are so many wonderful people and places across Canada. What do you love about your community? Share your photos and tips for enjoying all things local! #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Sessions
- Celebrating Fall in canada - September 22, 2021
How to Participate to #CanadaChat:
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to indicate which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos and cross promote your account!
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!