#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am - 11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 500K followers.
Next #CanadaChat: October 17 from 1pm to 2 pm (EST)
Canadian Food & Wine
This month, join us for a mouth-watering chat about Canada's best wines and gastronomy.
Welcome to #CanadaChat! Tell us, what do you prefer: wine, beer or spirits?
10:05 am PST/1:05 pm EST
Q1: Show us the best places to dine with a view in Canada. #CanadaChat
10:15 am PST/1:15 pm EST
Q2: What food and wine festivals are on your radar in 2018-19? #CanadaChat
10:25 am PST/1:25 pm EST
Q3: What’s the best way to sample local flavours when visiting Canada? #CanadaChat
10:35 am PST/1:35 pm EST
Q4: Which Canadian winery is your favourite? Why? #CanadaChat
10:45 am PST/1:45 pm EST
Q5: What Canadian restaurant do you want to try before the end of the year? #CanadaChat
10:53 am PST/1:45 pm EST
Q6: What is Canada’s most unique culinary experience? #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Topics
- November 21 - The Holidays
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos (and cross promote your account!)
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!