#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am - 11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 300K followers.
Next #CanadaChat : January 17 2018
Topic: Canadian Bucket List Experiences
This month #CanadaChat is all about ticking off your bucket list in Canada. What are your dream Canadian experiences? Come share your Canadian bucket list with us!
1:05 pm (ET) / 10:05 am (PT)
Q1. What’s an off-the-beaten-path location you’re hoping to cross off your Canadian bucket list this year? #CanadaChat
1:15 pm (ET) / 10:15 am (PT)
Q2. What is your dream wildlife experience in Canada? #CanadaChat
1:25 pm (ET) / 10:25 am (PT)
Q3. If you could treat yourself to a night’s stay at any hotel in Canada, where would you go? #CanadaChat
1:35 pm (ET) / 10:35 am (PT)
Q4. Which Canadian dining experience would you recommend for a once-in-a-lifetime meal? #CanadaChat
1:45 pm (ET) / 10:45 am (PT)
Q5. What’s the #1 festival to attend in Canada this year? #CanadaChat
1:53 pm (ET) / 10:53 am (PT)
Q6. Which Canadian experience is at the top of your bucket list? #CanadaChat
2018 #CanadaChat Topics
- January 17 - Canadian Bucket List Experiences
- February 21 - Winter Wellness
- March 21 - Unique Accomodations
- April 18 - Canadian Museums
- May 16 - Authentic Indigenous Experiences
- June 20 - Cool Canadian Festivals
- July 18 - Canadian Parks
- August 15 - The Best Wildlife Viewing in Canada
- September 19 - Fall in Love with Canada
- October 17 - Canadian Food & Wine
- November 21 - The Holidays
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos (and cross promote your account!)
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!