#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am - 11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 300K followers.
Next #CanadaChat : March 21 2018
Topic: Unique Accomodations in Canada
This month #CanadaChat we're talking about the unique accommodations our country has to offers. Think hidden gems in the city, mountain lodges, beach houses and cute cabins.
1:05 pm (ET) / 10:05 am (PT)
Q1. Show us a photo of the coolest accommodation you’ve seen or heard of in Canada. #CanadaChat
1:15 pm (ET) / 10:15 am (PT)
Q2. Where would you like stay to disconnect from it all? #CanadaChat
1:25 pm (ET) / 10:25 am (PT)
Q3. Do you have a unique place to recommend for a weekend getaway close to the city? #CanadaChat
1:35 pm (ET) / 10:35 am (PT)
Q4. Feeling rested after a good night’s sleep? What lodge or hotel offers the best activities? #CanadaChat
1:45 pm (ET) / 10:45 am (PT)
Q5. What Canadian hotels have a unique story or family history? #CanadaChat
1:53 pm (ET) / 10:53 am (PT)
Q6. What’s one unique accommodation at the top of your dream list? #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Topics
- April 18 - Canadian Museums
- May 16 - Cool Canadian Festivals
- June 21 -Authentic Indigenous Experiences
- July 18 - Canadian Parks
- August 15 - The Best Wildlife Viewing in Canada
- September 19 - Fall in Love with Canada
- October 17 - Canadian Food & Wine
- November 21 - The Holidays
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos (and cross promote your account!)
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!