#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am -11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 300K followers.
July 19, 2017 - Beach Holidays in Canada
This July, #CanadaChat is taking you to the beach. Join us to share your tips for travellers to have the best Canadian beach holidays.
10:05 PT/ 1:05 ET
Q1. What do you prefer: saltwater or freshwater? #CanadaChat
10:15 PT/ 1:15 ET
Q2. Share a photo of your most memorable beach holiday in Canada! #CanadaChat
10:25 PT/ 1:25 ET
Q3. What’s your favourite beach activity - when you’re not soaking up the sun? #CanadaChat
10:35 PT/ 1:35 ET
Q4. What’s one event happening by a beach near you not to miss this year? #CanadaChat
10:45 PT/ 1:45 ET
Q5. Where do you go to replenish after a day in the sun? #CanadaChat
10:53 PT/ 1:53 ET
Q6. What’s the beach you recommend people check out this summer? #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Topics:
August 16, 2017 - Active Summer Holidays/Adventure Holidays
Sept 20, 2017 - Fall Flavours
Oct 18, 2017 - Cities on a Budget
Nov 15, 2017 - Winter Fun & Winter Festivals
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #CanadaChat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos (and cross promote your account!)
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!