#CanadaChat is a monthly Twitter chat hosted by Destination Canada. The chat happens on the third Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm ET (10am - 11am PT).
A new Canada travel topic is discussed every month, bringing together travellers, Provincial Marketing Organizations (PMOs), Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs). The chat is a unique opportunity for Destination Canada’s partners to engage with travellers looking for information about Canadian destinations and have their content amplified via our channels as over 800 active participants join us each month. The conversation happens simultaneously in English and French via @ExploreCanada and @ExplorezSansFin, a community of over 300K followers.
Next #CanadaChat: August 15 from 1pm to 2 pm (EST)
Celebrate Summer in Canada
The sun is out and it’s time to celebrate summer in Canada! From the best beaches to city patios, music festivals and the midnight sun, summer is in full swing! Find out how to spend your summer holidays across Canada.
Q1: 10:05 am PST/1:05 pm EST:
Share with us a photo that depicts what Celebrating Summer in Canada means to you! #CanadaChat
Q2: 10:15 am PST/1:15 pm EST:
What’s the best place in Canada to go for a dip? #CanadaChat
Q3: 10:25 am PST/1:25 pm EST:
Where are you heading for a long weekend summer getaway? #CanadaChat
Q4: 10:35 am PST/1:35 pm EST:
What summer festival is on your must-do list? #CanadaChat
Q5: 10:45 am PST/1:45 pm EST:
Picnics or patios: Where’s your favourite place to dine outdoors in the summer? #CanadaChat
Q6: 10:53 am PST/1:45 pm EST:
What Canadian summer experience is your bucket list? #CanadaChat
Upcoming #CanadaChat Topics
- September 19 - Fall in Love with Canada
- October 17 - Canadian Food & Wine
- November 21 - The Holidays
- To be part of the conversation, always include the hashtag #Canadahat with your answers.
- Always accompany your answers with a strong image for a better impact.
- Use A1, A2, A3, etc. to precise which question you are responding to.
- You can use links from your Instagram account to share great photos (and cross promote your account!)
- Include links to your blog or website in your answers to provide more information.
- Don’t forget to tag your partners in your responses so they can jump in too.
- Retweet your favourite answers and thank people for sharing.
- Remember to have a sense of humour and be authentic to your brand voice!