Using our collective experiences and resources to drive incremental visitation to Canada.
Tap into $3,000,000 of co-investment opportunities with Destination Canada. We will match up to $0.50 cents to your $1 investment, to a maximum of $250,000 CAD, for any single creative marketing proposal that meets the criteria below. Submit your application, demonstrating your ability to meet these criteria by the deadline to be considered. To note, Destination Canada does reserve the right to invest to a lower ratio, pending its evaluation of your submission and the overall demand on the Connecting America Co-op Marketing Program.
Since 2016, the Connecting America Co-op Marketing Program co-invested in many marketing campaigns submitted by our partners from coast to coast to coast. This enabled Team Canada to reach a larger and more engaged audience while realizing our creative mission to continue to change perceptions among US travellers and position our unique culture and experiences to attract more of our target market. Though Destination Canada’s marketing campaign targets Cultural Explorers and Authentic Experiencers (more information on EQ profiles here) age 25-44, who live in 13 major U.S. cities; we’re open to receiving applications that target other audiences within the US that align with our program and your brand.
What we know for 2018:
More than 4.1 million potential US Learners intent on travelling to Canada in the next two years. Through our Connecting America program, we have grown awareness of Canada as a travel destination amongst our target market. And, based on our research, US Learners are interested in visiting a variety of different Canadian regions, while multi-province trips have also grown. As direct air access to Canada increases, so have air arrivals - by 35% year-on-year. Besides a focus on multi-provincial trips, we're looking to increase shoulder season travel (October through April), while maintaining our focus on air arrivals. We want to co-invest with like-minded organizations to keep the momentum going.
Deadline for submissions:
November 30, 2017, for 2018 Spring/Summer programs.
Complete our application form and submit by the deadline. All proposals will be reviewed and evaluated based on the criteria and weighting outlined within. Each proponent will be notified whether they are successful or not by no later than December 31, 2017.
What to keep in mind when submitting:
- We are looking for submissions that demonstrate a combination of either pan-national, cross-sector and/or cross-region collaboration.
- Target audience should either be Learners (Cultural Explorers and Authentic Experiencers, ages 25-44 living in our target markets) or a well-defined alternative that aligns or complements this audience.
- Focus on reaching Destination Canada’s target audience living in one or more of our target cities (New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth) who will fly to Canada.
- Our target learners are free and independent travelers (FIT) and travel with a friend or loved one. They book direct and online with their favourite airline, accommodation or OTA. They are also online all day and are heavy social media users.
- Look to collaborate with multiple partners such as destinations, tourism experiences, transportation, and accommodations. Our target audience, Learners, like to immerse themselves while discovering and absorbing unique cultures.
- Highlight distinctive experiences in all four seasons and consider promoting lesser-known experiences and destinations.
- We are also looking for new and innovative initiatives – proposals supporting existing programs or those from prior years will still be considered as long as growth or innovation (compared to the previous application) is demonstrated.
- Ensure your marketing goals, strategy, and channel integration are aligned with or are complementary to Destination Canada's US strategy.
- Present strong and well-defined key measures of success and performance indicators (KPIs) as you will be asked to submit a final performance report upon completion of your initiative.
- Demonstrate that budget allocated for agency management fees and other operations expenses will not exceed 15% of the total program budget. We are seeking to maximize investment in marketing activities.
- Destination Canada may seek rights to the creative assets utilized in your initiative; providing confirmation of usage rights will be considered an asset.
Destination Canada appreciates the time it takes to craft a successful application. We recommend you review the application form in detail to understand the exact information needed to be submitted for review. If you have any questions, please contact Deirdre Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.