The below are relevant and official information sources regarding COVID-19:
For a comprehensive list of federal government resources updated daily, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan website.
For FAQs with relevant and important links, please visit our FAQs section here.
Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
Government of Canada will support more small businesses and communities with targeted assistance delivered by regional development agencies. The funding will be allocated as follows:
- $110 million for Atlantic Canada – Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- $211 million for Quebec – Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
- $34.3 million for Northern Canada – Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- $252.4 million for Southern Ontario – Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- $49.5 million for Northern Ontario – Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
- $304.2 million for Western Canada – Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Learn more here.
Provincial Reopening Plans
Provincial authorities are beginning to outline their re-opening plans. Timelines and actions vary, but can provide businesses and workers with information on what to expect in the upcoming weeks and months. This list will be updated as new information is released:
- Visit your Provincial Marketing Organization or Destination Marketing Organization’s website for additional information about support, services and guidance.
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada: TIAC is committed to representing Canadian tourism businesses in the face of uncertainty and continues to advocate on behalf of the industry. You can also register for their industry newsletter.
- Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada: ITAC is monitoring the changing public policies by the day and the hour as things unfold. ITAC CEO, Keith Henry, has shared video messages to address these concerns and outline the steps we are taking during these uncertain times. You can also register for their industry newsletter.
- Regional Development Agency: Canada’s Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) are the front line for economic development in Canada and help to address key economic challenges by providing regionally tailored programs, services, knowledge and expertise. RDAs are closely monitoring the COVID-19 global challenge and the potential impact it could have on your business and your workers, as well as the broader economy.
Planning Support for Businesses
- Google Small Business Hub: This is aimed to help small businesses navigate through uncertainty and includes resources for communicating with customers, communicating with employees, working remotely and modifying advertising
- Business continuity plan and templates: Business Development Bank of Canada has shared this resource for entrepreneurs. They also posted a free online webinar – watch it here.
- Export Development Canada: Under the federal government’s new Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP), EDC and the BDC can now provide more than $10 billion of additional financing to customers facing economic challenges caused by COVID-19
- Global Affairs Canada: Resources for Canadian businesses
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: Keeping you and your employees safe
- Bank of Canada Rate News
Other Key Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada: General information on COVID-19
- Follow Government of Canada social media channels for the latest updates
- Monitor the Prime Ministers News page closely for relevant announcements
- Download the Canada Business App to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets