Quick Reference Guide
Financial support for business:
- Tourism Relief Fund
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) through your Regional Development Agency (RDA)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Recovery Fund for Arts, Culture, Heritage and Sport Sectors
- Major Festivals and Events Support Initiative
Financial Support for individuals:
For a comprehensive list of federal government resources updated daily, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan website.
For FAQs with relevant and important links, please visit our FAQs section here.
Budget 2021: A Recovery Plan for Jobs, Growth, and Resilience
View the budget here.
Provincial and Territorial Reopening Plans
Provincial authorities have outlined their re-opening plans. Timelines and actions vary, and continue to change based on current case numbers, but are meant to provide businesses and workers with more local information. This list will be updated as new information is released:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Tourism Industry Support
- Visit your Provincial Marketing Organization or Destination Marketing Organization’s website for additional information about support, services and guidance.
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada: TIAC is committed to representing Canadian tourism businesses in the face of uncertainty and continues to advocate on behalf of the industry. You can register for their industry newsletter to stay up-to-date on their activities.
- Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada: ITAC has launched a four-year, $50 million strategic recovery plan with the goal to respond, recover and rebuild the Indigenous tourism industry across Canada to levels experienced in 2019. Learn more in their report.
- Regional Development Agency: Canada’s Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) are the front line for economic development in Canada and help to address key economic challenges by providing regionally tailored programs, services, knowledge and expertise.
- Tourism HR Canada offers a wide range of checklists and resources to help tourism operators and their teams rebound from the crisis and build a resilient workforce through their Tourism Workforce Recovery Toolkit. They also publish the latest tourism employment numbers and insights in their Employment Tracker.
Planning Support for Businesses
- For operators looking for information on how to prepare to safely reopen their operations, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety has a series of bilingual guidelines available to businesses regarding COVID-19.
- Google Small Business Hub: This is aimed to help small businesses navigate through uncertainty and includes resources for communicating with customers, communicating with employees, working remotely and modifying advertising
- Business continuity plan and templates: Business Development Bank of Canada has shared this resource for entrepreneurs.
- Export Development Canada: Under the federal government’s new Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP), EDC and the BDC can now provide more than $10 billion of additional financing to customers facing economic challenges caused by COVID-19
- Global Affairs Canada: Resources for Canadian businesses
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: Keeping you and your employees safe
- Bank of Canada Rate News
Other Key Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada: COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccination in Canada: COVID-19 vaccination coverage across Canada by key demographics and vaccine product. This page is updated every Friday at 12:00 PM Eastern Time with data up to and including the previous Saturday
- Travel restrictions, exemptions and advice
- Follow Government of Canada social media channels for the latest updates
- Monitor the Prime Ministers News page closely for relevant announcements
- Download the Canada Business App to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets