Quick Reference Guide
Financial support for business:
- Tourism Relief Fund
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) through your Regional Development Agency (RDA)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Major Festivals and Events Support Initiative
For a comprehensive list of federal government resources updated daily, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan website.
For FAQs with relevant and important links, please visit our FAQs section here.
Budget 2022: A Plan to Grow Our Economy and Make Life More Affordable
View the budget here.
Tourism Industry Support
- Visit your Provincial Marketing Organization or Destination Marketing Organization’s website for additional information about support, services and guidance.
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada: TIAC is committed to representing Canadian tourism businesses in the face of uncertainty and continues to advocate on behalf of the industry. You can register for their industry newsletter to stay up-to-date on their activities.
- Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada: ITAC has released a three-year strategic recovery plan, ‘Building Back Better’, which focuses on returning Indigenous tourism to pre-COVID-19 levels by 2025. Learn more in their report.
- Regional Development Agency: Canada’s Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) are the front line for economic development in Canada and help to address key economic challenges by providing regionally tailored programs, services, knowledge and expertise.
- Tourism HR Canada offers a wide range of checklists and resources to help tourism operators and their teams rebound from the crisis and build a resilient workforce through their Tourism Workforce Recovery Toolkit. They also publish the latest tourism employment numbers and insights in their Employment Tracker.
Planning Support for Businesses
- Google Small Business Hub: This is aimed to help small businesses navigate through uncertainty and includes resources for communicating with customers, communicating with employees, working remotely and modifying advertising
- Business continuity plan and templates: Business Development Bank of Canada has shared this resource for entrepreneurs.
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: Keeping you and your employees safe
- Bank of Canada Rate News
Other Key Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada: COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccination in Canada: COVID-19 vaccination coverage across Canada by key demographics and vaccine product. This page is updated every Friday at 12:00 PM Eastern Time with data up to and including the previous Saturday.
- Travel restrictions, exemptions and advice
- Follow Government of Canada social media channels for the latest updates
- Monitor the Prime Ministers News page closely for relevant announcements
- Download the Canada Business App to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets
- Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) helps small and medium enterprises grow and thrive by going digital. Apply now.