The below are relevant and official information sources regarding COVID-19:
For a comprehensive list of federal government resources updated daily, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan website.
For FAQs with relevant and important links, please visit our FAQs section here.
Budget 2021: A Recovery Plan for Jobs, Growth, and Resilience
View the budget here.
Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
Government of Canada will support more small businesses and communities with targeted assistance delivered by regional development agencies.
Learn more here.
Provincial and Territorial Reopening Plans
Provincial authorities have outlined their re-opening plans. Timelines and actions vary, and continue to change based on current case numbers, but are meant to provide businesses and workers with more local information. This list will be updated as new information is released:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Visit your Provincial Marketing Organization or Destination Marketing Organization’s website for additional information about support, services and guidance.
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada: TIAC is committed to representing Canadian tourism businesses in the face of uncertainty and continues to advocate on behalf of the industry. You can also register for their industry newsletter.
- Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada: ITAC is monitoring the changing public policies by the day and the hour as things unfold. ITAC CEO, Keith Henry, has shared video messages to address these concerns and outline the steps we are taking during these uncertain times. You can also register for their industry newsletter.
- Regional Development Agency: Canada’s Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) are the front line for economic development in Canada and help to address key economic challenges by providing regionally tailored programs, services, knowledge and expertise. RDAs are closely monitoring the COVID-19 global challenge and the potential impact it could have on your business and your workers, as well as the broader economy.
- The UNWTO has an online dashboard of international statistics on the impact of COVID-19 on the tourism sector.
- The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has released a series of Global Safety Protocols for reopening with the ‘new normal’ in mind.
Planning Support for Businesses
- Tourism HR Canada offers a wide range of checklists and resources to help tourism operators and their teams rebound from the crisis and build a resilient workforce through their Tourism Workforce Recovery Toolkit. They also publish the latest tourism employment numbers and insights in their Employment Tracker.
- For operators looking for information on how to prepare to safely reopen their operations, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety has a series of bilingual guidelines available to businesses regarding COVID-19.
- Google Small Business Hub: This is aimed to help small businesses navigate through uncertainty and includes resources for communicating with customers, communicating with employees, working remotely and modifying advertising
- Business continuity plan and templates: Business Development Bank of Canada has shared this resource for entrepreneurs.
- Export Development Canada: Under the federal government’s new Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP), EDC and the BDC can now provide more than $10 billion of additional financing to customers facing economic challenges caused by COVID-19
- Global Affairs Canada: Resources for Canadian businesses
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: Keeping you and your employees safe
- Bank of Canada Rate News
Other Key Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada: General information on COVID-19
- Travel restrictions, exemptions and advice
- Follow Government of Canada social media channels for the latest updates
- Monitor the Prime Ministers News page closely for relevant announcements
- Download the Canada Business App to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets