Q: I’m an employer and I have questions about my employees, EI and work-sharing:
- Employment and Social Development Canada covering Federal Employment Insurance, Child Benefits, Pension, Student loans.
- Tourism HR Canada for tourism workforce resources and links including Provincial/Territorial Health Authorities, Industry associations, and a great summary of Federal program support (download “Helping Employers Deal with Worker-Related Issues” COVID-19 presentation from March 20, 2020 here PDF, 1.3MB).
Q: I’m a small business owner and I need financial support. Where can I get financial support?
- The Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan webpage lists available federal programs for employees and employers.
- Additionally Business Development Bank of Canada has two financing programs available: the Canada Emergency Business Account and SME Loan and Guarantee program.
Q: When will the travel ban be lifted and how can I keep up with all the travel advisories?
- Public Health Agency of Canada Travel Advisories lists all travel restrictions and advisories including this advisory specific to COVID-19.
Q: I understand the government of Canada has communicated an estimated date to which the travel ban will be lifted?
- Please see the Public Health Agency of Canada for official government messaging. Due to the uncertainty and quick moving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that any end date for international travel bans published by the government may change as the situation requires. This means the travel ban might be lifted sooner or later than any published date.
- As tourism industry professionals, our best advice is to treat these published end dates as “to be confirmed”. Destination Canada will relay any change in travel restriction dates as soon as the information becomes available on this page.